Exclusively list with LJ Hooker Darwin & LJ Hooker Palmerston between October 1 and December 31, 2019 and go into the draw to win 250,000 Qantas Points*.
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion/Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is LJ Hooker Darwin & Palmerston (ABN 14 009 607 238) of Shop 1/25 Parap Road, Parap NT 820 (08 8924 0900) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences October 1, 2019 and closes at December 31, 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to persons over the age of 18 and are the legal owner of the property listed during the promotion. (Eligible Entrants
), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period, exclusively list their property for sale with LJ Hooker Darwin & Palmerston and pay their agreed marketing fee into the LJ Hooker Darwin & Palmerston Trust account prior to the property being listed for sale.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry per property listed (multiple entries are not permitted).
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that both the exclusive agency agreement is received by the Promoter and the agreed marketing fee is paid into the LJ Hooker Darwin and Palmerston Trust account.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 10.00am on Thursday the 2nd of January 2020 at suite 1/25 Parap RD, Parap NT. The draw will be conducted by a representative of LJ Hooker Darwin and Palmerston or their nominated representative.
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There is one prize of 250,000 Qantas Points (Prize
). Qantas Points may take up to 4 weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable) or the winner providing the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details whichever is later.
13) If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at $89.50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at Qantas.com/terms
14) The winner will receive 250,000 Qantas Points. The maximum notional value of the Major Prize of 250,000 Qantas Points is AUD $8,650.36 based on the Qantas Frequent Flyer redemption of 55,200 Qantas Points for a one-way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London (Heathrow) plus AUD$331 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at October 1, 2019. The dollar fare for an equivalent flight totals AUD$1,910 including taxes fees and carrier charges. TOTAL PRIZE POOL NOTIONAL VALUE: AUD$8,650.36. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter, LJ Hooker Darwin & LJ Hooker Palmerston, and the Prize Supplier accept no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
15) The estimate of the maximum notional value of the prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of the prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of the prize.
16) The Prize is awarded and must be redeemed, in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (Qantas.com/terms
), voucher terms and conditions (including expiry rules) if relevant, and any other terms and conditions disclosed at the time of redemption.
17) The redemption of the Prize is subject to the availability of Awards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
18) In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Award travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Award flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Award seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Award travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Award travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21) The winners will be notified by email by Friday the 3rd of January 2020 and their names will be published on the LJ Hooker Darwin & Palmerston website and Facebook pages by Wednesday the 8th January 2020.Right of the Promoter to redraw
22) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm Thursday the 9th of January 2020, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Friday the 10th of January at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by Monday the 13th of January 2020 and their names will be published on the LJ Hooker Darwin & Palmerston website and Facebook pages by Wednesday the 17th January 2020.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties
) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages
) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
27) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
28) At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php
, and other related policies.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
29) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
, and other related policies.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Fringe Benefits Tax
32) Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this will be paid for by the employer of the recipient. The grossed-up value of a prize and any other Fringe Benefits the recipient receives during the course of the FBT year may be reported on the recipient's annual PAYG Payment Summary as required by taxation law.